By: KIRO 7 News Staff
Monday is Earth Day, and to celebrate, entry to Washington State Parks is free.
Usually, visitors need a Discover Pass for either $10 for a day or $30 for a year.
The other free days this year are as follows:
- June 1 — National Trails Day
- June 8 — National Get Outdoors Day (State Parks and Fish & Wildlife free day)
- June 9 — Fishing Day (State Parks and Fish & Wildlife free day)
- Aug. 25 — National Park Service 102nd Birthday
- Sept. 28— National Public Lands Day
- Nov. 11 — Veterans Day
- Nov. 29— Autumn day
The free days are limited to day use, not overnight stays or rented facilities.