One by one, companies in downtown Seattle have sent employees to work from home to avoid exposure to anyone unknowingly carrying the the novel coronavirus. But that move to protect the health and safety of those workers has caused serious financial hardship for other businesses that depend on their traffic.
Local governments, utilities, and at least one bank are now stepping in to make sure those businesses don’t fail. See the full details in the video above.
See links below for more information:
- Thurston County residents can access a relief fund by calling the Community Action Council Monday – Thursday, from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. at (360) 438-1100 or 1-(800) 878-5235.
- City of Seattle Covid-19 community resources
- Governor Jay Inslee’s list of economic relief actions
- City of Seattle Small Business Mitigation Fund
- Amazon Neighborhood Small Business Relief Fund
- U.S. Small Business Administration to provide disaster assistance loans
- Seattle Foundation Coronavirus Relief Fund