By: KIRO 7 News Staff
The Washington State Department of Transportation is advising drivers who are heading east on I-90 this weekend to plan for extra travel time due to lane closures.
Starting Friday, two eastbound lanes will be closed between the Denny Creek area and the summit of Snoqualmie Pass.
Crews will be replacing old sections of I-90 and pouring new concrete.
The lane closures will remain in effect 24 hours a day, seven days a week until August.
Drivers should plan at least 30 minutes of added travel time through the area.
Here are ways to keep you updated:
• Sign up for email updates and text message alerts.
• Snoqualmie Mountain Pass webpage for real-time travel information and to view traffic cameras.
• Check the weekly Construction Updates and Traffic pages for regionwide updates.
• Tune into the Highway Advisory Radio at 1610 AM and 530 AM.
• Follow us on Twitter @snoqualmiepass.
• Call the I-90 construction hotline at 888-535-0738 or 511.