By Mike Timmermann, clarkhoward.com
Planning an outdoor celebration soon? Now that the weather is warming up, many of us are having barbecues and house parties – and those will undoubtedly involve food.
So what do you do when hundreds of ants decide to crash your celebration?
Household Hacker uploaded a video to YouTube that shows a surprisingly simple way to keep ants from ruining your picnic and letting all of that food go to waste.
Easy way to keep ants away from food
- Gather four extra plates, such as Tupperware, disposable plates or pie tins.
- Place the legs of the table into the containers.
- Fill in each container with water to prevent ants from getting too far.
Be sure to empty the containers after you eat because leaving standing water around can lead to an entirely different problem: mosquitoes.
As for those food-hungry ants, the folks at Terminix have a few tips to starve them out if they get inside your house:
- Purchase airtight containers to store your food.
- Wipe down the outside of storage bins and other containers after every use.
- Keep food in harder to access places, such as freezers, refrigerators, plastic bags and mason jars.
- Use the garbage disposal rather than leaving food sitting around in a trash can.
- Vacuum your floors regularly.
For more information follow this link, clarkhoward.com