By Alex Thomas Salder, clarkhoward.com
If you’re in a hurry and your phone is about to die, watching it sloooooowly charge can be pretty frustrating.
But there’s actually a simple way to charge your phone a lot faster that you probably don’t know about!
How to charge your phone 10x faster
More tips to make your phone battery last longer
1. Lower the brightness: First set the screen brightness to Auto (For iPhone: Settings, display & brightness, switch Auto-Brightness on), so your phone adjusts to indoor and outdoor lighting.
Then lower the baseline brightness (For iPhone: Above the Auto-Brightness switch). Lower it to a level you can stand, but the lower the brightness, the less battery usage.
2. Shorter screen timeout: Set the screen “timeout” to take effect after the shortest amount possible (For iPhone: Settings, General, Auto-Lock).
3. Use airplane mode: If you’re in an area with no signal, and you know you won’t get one until you leave, turn the phone on airplane mode.
4. Turn off Bluetooth: When you don’t need it, it’s just draining your battery. So flip it off when you know you won’t use it for a while.
5. Take a notification break: Reduce the frequency of auto updates from email, news, social media and other apps. While you may need text and phone call alerts on all the time, you may not need alerts from every app on your phone every minute of the day. So just change the notification settings to reduce the frequency of alerts.
6. Turn off location services: Unless you’re using it for directions or something real-time, turn off location services for apps so they aren’t constantly monitoring your phone’s location (and simultaneously draining your battery life).
7. Turn off vibrate: The vibrate function uses more battery than a ringtone.
8. Turn off push email: Having your phone check for new emails once or twice an hour uses less battery than having it constantly monitor for updates. So decide how often you need to be updated, and then change the frequency in your mail settings.
For more information follow this link, clarkhoward.com