Mike Timmermann, Clark.com
Toys R Us is once again planning to open on Thanksgiving Day at 5 p.m. for 30 continuous hours of holiday deals. It won’t close until 11 p.m. on Black Friday.
Despite some criticism, many department stores and big-box stores are expected to open for business on the holiday.
RELATED: Black Friday ad scans 2017
Early Black Friday: These retailers will be open on Thanksgiving 2017
According to BestBlackFriday.com, more than 40 national retailers will try to get a jump on Black Friday by welcoming customers on the Thursday holiday.
As of November 6, the website has confirmed the following Thanksgiving Day openings:
- Bass Pro Shops – 8 a.m. to 6 p.m
- Belk – Thanksgiving 4 p.m. to 1 a.m
- Big Lots (hours not yet announced)
- Five Below – 6 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- GameStop (hours not yet announced)
- Kohl’s – 5 p.m.
- Macy’s – Thanksgiving 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. Black Friday
- Michaels – 6 p.m.; Opens at 5 p.m. for Rewards members
- Target – 6 p.m. to midnight
- Toys R Us – 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. Black Friday
Walmart, J.C. Penney, Sears and Best Buy are a few of the big names that are expected to also open on Thanksgiving Day. See last year’s list for an idea of what to expect.
Meanwhile, more than 60 retailers will stay closed on Thanksgiving to let employees spend it with family and friends.
If you’re looking for the best deals, you don’t have to run to the stores on the holiday. Money expert Clark Howard says the sales are being spread out over a six-week period this year.