Mike Timmermann, Clark.com
But Household Hacker has come up with some out-of-the-box ideas to save you even more!
Try these creative dollar store tips and tricks
- Use a deep roasting pan, cooling racks and charcoal to make a portable grill
- Reusable shower caps can be used instead of plastic wrap to cover food
- Create a decorative centerpiece using candles, drinking jars, stickers and artificial flowers
- Make your own dryer sheets by cutting up reusable wipes and soaking them in fabric softener
- Turn kitchen sponges into reusable ice packs to treat bumps and bruises
- Re-purpose a plastic dispenser by using it as a trash can in your car
- Make your own body cream with lotion and petroleum jelly
- Buy all of the cups and balls you need to play your favorite drinking game (or any other game)
Love finding new ways to save? Check out these 10 dollar store packing hacks, including a way to protect a bottle of wine in your suitcase. Yes, you can travel with wine!