If you want to buy a new car that’s a great value, consider the 2017 Honda Civic, which has been named Kelley Blue Book’s Overall Best Buy of 2017.
It’s the second year in a row that the Civic received the top honor due to its all-around value.
KBB: 12 best new cars to buy
Kelley Blue Book (KBB) said its experts evaluated and tested nearly every new vehicle available — more than 300 cars — to come up with the 2017 model-year winners.
Here are some of the factors that went into the decision-making process:
- Vehicle pricing/transaction prices
- Five-year cost to own data, including things like depreciation, insurance, maintenance and fuel
- Consumer reviews and ratings
- Vehicle sales/retail sales information
KBB gave the 2017 Honda Civic high marks for resale value and cost to own. It has a starting MSRP of $18,740. The experts also said the car is “supremely satisfying” to drive.
Here’s what else the car research company liked about the Civic:
Today’s compact cars are roomier, safer, more comfortable and tech-savvier than ever, and the recently redesigned Honda Civic is the undisputed king of the category. Boldly styled, famously refined, supremely efficient, satisfying to drive, comfortable and loaded with appealing features, the Honda Civic is the first vehicle to be named our Overall Best Buy two years in a row.
In addition to naming an overall winner, KBB handed out Best Buy awards in 12 major vehicle categories, from small cars to minivans and everything in between.
- Small car: 2017 Honda Civic
- Mid-size car: 2017 Honda Accord
- Full-size car: 2017 Chevrolet Impala
- Luxury car: 2017 Audi A4
- Sports/performance car: 2017 Porsche 718 Boxster
- Electric/hybrid: 2017 Toyota Prius Prime
- Small SUV/crossover: 2017 Kia Sportage
- Mid-size SUV/crossover: 2017 Honda Pilot
- Full-size SUV/crossover: 2017 Chevrolet Tahoe
- Luxury SUV/crossover: 2017 Mercedes-Benz GLC
- Truck: 2017 Ford F-150
- Minivan: 2017 Chrysler Pacifica