By Theo Thimou, clarkhoward.com
A previously announced onion ring recall has been expanded to include two more popular store brands.
Kroger, Fareway are new additions to the recall list
Last week, the FDA announced four store brands of onion rings were being recalled by McCain Foods USA, Inc., because milk was not declared as one of the allergens. That list included the following brands/retail sellers:
- Save-A-Lot Stores (40oz Bag of Frozen Breaded Diced Onion Rings, Premium Pick 5 Mix and Match Brand)
- Krasdale Brand (16oz Bag of Frozen Onion Rings)
- Spartan Brand (20oz Bag of Frozen Onion Rings)
- Shur Fine Brand (16oz Bag of Frozen Onion Rings)
Now StoreBrands.com has word that the recall is being expanded to include offerings from Kroger and Fareway.
- Kroger Brand (20-ounce bags of Kroger Frozen Breaded Minced Onion Rings with a production date between March 9, 2015, and July 24, 2015)
- Fareway Brand (20-ounce bags of Fareway Brand Frozen Breaded Onion Rings with a production date between March 9, 2015, and June 5, 2015)
Customers who are allergic or highly sensitive to milk are advised to check their freezers and throw out any unused onion rings or return them to the store for a full refund.
No illnesses have been reported stemming from this recall.