News You Can Use

Popular Queen Anne restaurant investigated for possible food-borne illness outbreak


An award-winning Cajun creole restaurant known for bringing the Big Easy to Seattle was shut down as food inspectors look into a possible outbreak of food-borne illness.

King County Public Health told KIRO 7 News that six people in the same party got sick after eating at Toulouse Petit Kitchen & Lounge in Queen Anne on Sept. 10. They became ill with gastrointestinal symptoms, fever and headaches.

Toulouse Petit Kitchen

The health department doesn’t know the exact illness the people had, but they say it is similar to salmonella or E. coli poisoning.

The health department received reports of the sick people on Tuesday. It shut down the restaurant after finding the following safety violations:

  • Potentially hazardous foods at unsafe temperatures
  • Improper cooling of potentially hazardous food
  • Inadequate facilities to control temperature of potentially hazardous food, cold holding
  • Foods not protected from cross-contamination
  • Imminent health hazard: investigation of possible food-borneillness outbreak

Public Health on its website that the restaurant will reopen once an inspector confirms that these issues have been resolved.

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter