Mike Timmermann, Clark.com
If you’re looking for a full-time job that you can do from the comfort of your own home, you should know that Hertz is hiring.
The rental car company is seeking call center specialists to assist renters with their vehicle selections and sell products (fuel, insurance) that Clark generally recommends people decline.
Read more: 20 in-demand jobs that pay at least $100,000
Hertz is hiring for work-at-home jobs
Perhaps you’ve seen the rental kiosks at Hertz locations. They allow customers to complete their car rental transaction through live video instead of going to the counter.
In this sales role, you would be the person on the video call helping customers with their rentals!
According to a Hertz job posting, this work-from-home job with virtual training has a $150 sign-on bonus and a $500 guaranteed bonus in your first month of bonus eligibility.
In addition to bonus potential, Hertz says the position offers base hourly pay.
Sales specialists will generally work full-time, but part-time positions may also be available. You must be able to work any day of the week between the hours of 11 a.m. and 9:30 p.m.
Here are some other mandatory requirements:
• Applicants must have excellent customer service skills, excellent oral communication skills
• Minimum 1 year sales and customer service experience
• Proficient in navigation of computer application and possess typing proficiency
• Ability to project a professional appearance
• Ability to effectively engage in verbal interaction with customers from diverse backgrounds
• Proficiency in working with diverse computer applications
• Ability to read and understand driving directions and maps