Apple will have its annual unveil of new products on Wednesday, with the next generation of the iPhone set to be introduced and some upgrades to the Apple Watch a possibility.
The company has seen a recent decline in sales of its iconic phone, and there are rumors of new features Apple hopes will entice iPhones fans back into the stores.
Apple’s keynote takes place Wednesday at 10 a.m. Pacific, (1 p.m. ET). It will be held at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in San Francisco, Calif.
Here’s a few of the things we may see Wednesday:
- The look: The new iPhone may have some design changes, but not enough to make a difference visually, says MacRumors. The phone is likely to have a flush rear camera, not like the ones on the iPhone 6 and 6s that protrude slightly from the back of the device.
- Where’s the antenna: Another change MacRumors says we may see with the next generation phone is the removal of the antenna bands across the rear.
- Where’s the headphone jack: According to The Verge website, the headphone jack on the phone is likely removed – making the headphone wireless.
- More storage:The Wall Street Journal reports that the new iPhone could have 32 GB or storage instead of the standard 16 GB.
- A darker shade of gray – like black: Space gray is so last year. The new phone is expected to have a much darker shade of gray.
- Upgraded processor: Look for an upgraded “A10” processor, Apple Insider says. Also a 256-gigabyte storage tier.
- Home button: 9to5 Mac is reporting that a clickless home button could be in the offing.
- New earbuds: Apple Insiders says you could be seeing new wireless earbuds, maybe called “Air Pods.”
Here are a few of the rumors about changes in the Apple Watch:
- GPS added: It looks like the Apple Watch may get a GPS feature.
- Focus on fitness: The company may be shifting more to a fitness device as opposed to a communications device, according to MacRumors.
- Same shape: There’s no indication that the design of the device has changed.
- Is it faster: There is some indication that the Watch’s processor will be a bit faster.
- New interface: The side button on the Apple Watch now brings up your App Dock. Then you swipe to settings and more.