News You Can Use

Fire department warns of charging cellphone in bed


Natalie Dreier, Cox Media Group National Content Desk

NEWTOWN, N.H. – How many of cellphone users don’t give a second thought about where they’re charging their device?

A New Hampshire fire department is warning users that the bed is no place to charge a phone in a Facebook post that has been shared more than 34,000 times.

In the post, Newton NH Fire Department said that more than half of kids and teens charge their devices either under their pillow or on their beds. The heat doesn’t dissipate and the charger will continue getting hotter. The bed or pillow could catch fire due to the heat generated.

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter