By Charis Rebecca Brown, clarkhoward.com
Best Buy is having a major Black Friday-like sale beginning tonight, with sale items available in-store and online — and you’ll want to be sure to check out the deals!
In lieu of Best Buy’s first grand opening on August 22, 1966, the electronics and appliance store is having a big sale to celebrate its 50-year anniversary.
Starting at 10 p.m. Central Time, you’ll find some great bargains on BestBuy.com and in-store during normal business hours. The sale goes through this Saturday, August 20 at 11:59 p.m.
Some of the best deals you’ll find during the sale
- Save $150 on select MacBook Pro computers
- Students can save an additional $150, for a total savings of $300 with Best Buy’s Student Deals program
- Save $400 on a 65-inch Samsung 4K UHD TV
- Save $180 on Beats Studio wireless on-ear headphones
- Get an iPhone 6s starting at $1 or an iPhone 6s Plus starting at $99.99 with two-year activation on Sprint or Verizon Wireless (Save $200) – or get a $200 gift card with purchase of iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus and activation with an AT&T Next plan
- Save up to 70% on LEGO Dimensions, Skylanders and amiibo
- Save $50 on Garmin Vivosmart HR activity tracker
- Get “Destiny” and your choice of two other select games for free with purchase of the PlayStation 4 “Call of Duty” bundle
- Get a $50 gift card with purchase of a Swagtron T1 self-balancing scooter (online only)
In addition, when shopping on BestBuy.com, you’ll receive free 2-day shipping on almost everything in the sale.
Some tips for saving the most while shopping
As it is with most sales though, you’ll want to comparison shop to be sure you’re really getting the best deal, and avoid the temptation to buy something you don’t really need or want just because it’s discounted. With that said, there should be some great prices on items as Best Buy plans to pull out all the stops to celebrate its 50th.