Mike Timmermann, Clark.com
Boston Children’s Hospital has been recognized as the #1 pediatric center in America, according to new rankings from U.S. News & World Report.
In its 11th year, the study highlights the top 50 centers in 10 pediatric specialties including cancer, diabetes and neurology.
New rankings of top children’s hospitals
U.S. News & World Report awarded 10 hospitals a place on its Honor Roll to recognize them for delivering “exceptionally high-quality care” across multiple specialties.
Boston Children’s Hospital, which came in the top spot, ranked #1 in five of the 10 specialties:
- Gastroenterology and GI surgery
- Neurology and neurosurgery
Other hospitals with #1 rankings include Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (in diabetes and endocrinology and in pulmonology), Children’s National Medical Center (in neonatology), Texas Children’s Hospital (in cardiology and heart surgery) and St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital (in cancer).
Here’s a look at U.S. News & World Report’s Honor Roll:
1. Boston Children’s Hospital
2. Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
3. Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
4. Texas Children’s Hospital
5. Johns Hopkins Children’s Center
6. Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
7. Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
7. Nationwide Children’s Hospital
9. Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC
10. Children’s National Medical Center
The rankings are based on measures such as clinical outcomes, patient volume, infection control, adequacy of nurse staffing and compliance with best practices.
Read the full list from U.S. News and World Report.